Beef/Elk · Favorite Recipes · Sandwich · Slow Cooker

Slow Cooker French Dip

Now here is a classic. I remember eating this as a kid. The warm roast, the fluffy soft bread, the auju…. Mmmmmm! It was one of the rare moments that I enjoyed red meat.

Call me crazy but I’m not a fan of read meat unless it’s burgers or tacos. I can’t explain why, it’s just how I’ve always been. Which making things interesting now because my husband its a hunter! HA! So after our first year or two after we got married of having stakes and roasts go to waste, 95% of the meat we get during hunting season gets turned into ground meat and the other 5% is stakes/roasts. So The Hubs was quite surprised and happy that we got to use a roast!!!

Still tasted as amazing as I remembered as a kid!

Ingredients
1 (3-4 lb) Roast (elk/beef)
1 packet Onion Soup Mix
1 packet Au Jus Gravy Mix
4 cups Beef Broth
8 or so sub buns
8 or so slices of Provolone Cheese

Directions
Season roast with salt and pepper and put it in the crock pot.
In a medium bow, mix together the onion soup mix, au jus mix, and beef broth then pour over the roast.
Cook on HIGH for 5-7 hours or LOW for 8-10 hrs.
Remove roast from the crockpot and shred.
Slice buns and top with cheese and roast then toast under broiler if desired.
Ladle juices from the crockpot into a small bowl for each person.
Dip sandwich in juice and enjoy!

{Source}

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s