I saw an article on Facebook the other day and my heart kind of broke when I read it.
Each of us is at a different level of nutritional and physical fitness. It ranges from I-don’t-care-about-it to I-could-workout-all-day-long. And that is okay. This article that I read gave several reasons why losing baby weight isn’t an option. Some of the reasons I can completely relate to as I was on the I-don’t-care-about-it end of the spectrum myself after my first child. But now, I am on the complete other end and want to give you 15 reasons why I lost my baby weight once and why I’m doing it again.
- When I fuel my body with the right foods, I have more energy throughout the day and I am more alert.
- When I work my muscles, I become stronger and can do the activities that my kids want me to do with them.
- Working out is my ‘me time’. When I have my ‘me time’ I’m a better mom and wife.
- Working hard physically and in the kitchen on my nutrition is helping me to feel more confident.
- The more weight I loose and the stronger I become, the more confident I become.
- The more confident I become the better my relationship is with my kids and especially with my spouse.
- I want to set an example for my kids. I want to show them that they can accomplish anything they put their minds and hearts to.
- I can show my daughter (and my son) what it really means to have a healthy body and a healthy body image.
- I love the quality time that I get when my kids want to workout with me.
- It’s easier for me to hold Sweet Pea for long periods of time because I have been working on my upper body strength.
- I have more patience.
- I am happier.
- Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise.
- A good sweat session brings me those happy endorphins we all look for in chocolate.
- I want to be strong so I can protect myself and my children.
Everyone’s reasons for working on their fitness are different. I could keep going and list more reasons but those are at the top of list.
Kids are not an excuse to not lose weight. Kids should be the reason. We need to be healthy for our kids and show them that there is more to life than just being.